Thursday 7 December 2017

Stretched


When I was working on this page, I wondered why on earth I'd put those three long steaks of grey/green on the right. They felt out of place and an unusual motif for me, but I really felt impelled to put them there. So there they went, and I continued with the rest of the page, thinking that it would all make sense in the end.

I walked away from the page for a bit, leaving it open on my desk so I could keep glancing at it and working out what it was all about!

You'll notice that there are three streaks and they're stretched over two pieces of gelli-printed greaseproof paper with a gap in the middle. The leaves are facing both up and down. Hmm. What could that be about? Well, there are three of us and we're moving from one hemisphere to the other. Could that be what it's about?

The journalling ended up saying 'Stretched between two continents, spread a little thin.' In these few months before the big move there is lots to do. I have one list labelled 'Australia' and one labelled 'UK' with the different things we need to think about/prepare/tie up. I guess my feelings came out on to the page even though I didn't recognise it at first. But isn't that what art journalling is all about?





1 comment:

  1. Fascinating how your subconscious worked through your art page, Tracy...of course the three of you are feeling stretched! I love the play of bright colours next to the grey as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.