Wednesday 9 November 2016

You can't make people hear you


Even when you think you have been as plain as plain can be, you can't make people hear you. There have been occasions when I have told someone something in a clear and unequivocal manner - and more than once - but somehow they just haven't heard me. It seems that if it's not what they want to hear, then they don't hear it.

Now, I'm not saying that I never misunderstand anyone or that I am always crystal clear in what I say. No-one can do that all the time. But I do try to listen and clarify where I can. If someone says they can't do something or be somewhere, I take that on board, even if it makes me sad. But occasionally it seems as if I'm talking to someone who has their fingers in their ears and is la-la-la-ing. They don't want to hear, and so they act as if you have said exactly what suits them.

It's sad, but sometimes it happens.





1 comment:

  1. So true, Tracy, and all we can do is make every effort to hear (and see) clearly ourselves. Thanks for such a gorgeous reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.