Monday 27 June 2016

Refract


I'm reading a book of essays at the moment - Refractions: a journey of faith, art, and culture by Makoto Fujimura. He uses some great phrases and imagery. Lots of things to make me think.

This week I was inspired to contemplate people being prisms. The pure and perfect light of God shines through us, but we are imperfect, and do not reflect this light perfectly. Instead, we refract it. The light is bent, and in the bending, the different colours can be split out, like with a prism. Although we don't reflect the fullness, the completeness of the light that shines into us, we show some of the parts that make it up: love, mercy, grace, kindness, gentleness, etc.

So my questions for myself this week are: When the light of Christ shines through me, how do I refract the light? What colours do I show?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.