Wednesday 4 May 2016

From brain to veins


It's one thing to know something with head knowledge, but quite another to know it in your heart.

A while ago my husband found a great book for me to alter - Atlas of Female Anatomy. It's interesting for a couple reasons. The shape is fun as it is tall and narrow. Inside there is a slim book on the left hand side and a three-way fold-out atlas of the body with some movable pieces on the right.

It has been sitting in my studio while I decided what I wanted to do with it. I didn't want to cover all of the anatomical illustrations and I wanted there to be a theme. A few days ago it came to me: exploring those things that can sometimes take a while to travel from our brains to our veins; those things that we don't always find it easy to believe deep in our hearts even when our heads say it is true.

So here's the first page of the book side; the title page, if you will.





1 comment:

  1. LOVE the first page/title of this. What a fabulous concept. I can hardly wait to see where you take it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.