Wednesday 16 March 2016

State of heart


The reading at church on Sunday was on the woman who anointed the feet of Jesus with costly perfume (John 12:1-8). We were asked to imagine ourselves in the scene, so I shut my eyes and listened to a modernised version of the reading. As we thought about how the woman showed her love by breaking the perfume jar at Jesus' feet, I began to think of my heart as being the perfume jar.

In this season of Lent, it is good to reflect on the state of our hearts. If I broke my heart at Jesus' feet, would it be full, overflowing? Or a dried up and empty shell? Would it be sweet-smelling, beautiful to breathe in? Or would the stench make Him hold his nose?



1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful visual texture in the piece - full to overflowing with love, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.