Friday 17 April 2015

Inspiration in gardening


I find that working in the garden is always a source of inspiration for me. Not that I'm a keen gardener. I do what has to be done. I water anything that will feed me. The rest has to fend for itself.

So I was sweeping up the leaves. It's autumn here and some of the trees are shedding. I don't really know why I bother; I looked out of the window this morning and the garden looks as if I didn't do a thing.

But…

Sweeping the leaves made me realise something. I brush all the dead leaves under the fruit trees where they can rot down and enrich the soil. In the same way I need to use all of the stuff in my life that is cut away, pruned, shed, to feed my life and help me to produce fruit. Just because the dead stuff is cut away it doesn't mean that I can't learn from it and use the experience.



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic spread with rich colours and a beautiful leaf hedge.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.