Wednesday 29 April 2015

How do the pages speak to you?


Do your pages talk to you? How do you decide what to do next on a page?

This large face came about because the book pages I adhered to my journal page had a couple of circles cut out of them. The dark parts of the poster I was covering up showed through and just cried out to be made into eyes. No matter how many times I thought about doing something else with the page, the eyes just kept pushing through.

So I gave in.

But of course, with such large eyes, the face they go in becomes enormous. It gives a very different perspective to the page. I felt that the eyes were scrutinising me, drawing close to see all the details.

Do your pages tell you what to put on them sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.