Monday 13 October 2014

Dis-connect


How long does it take you to adjust to change?

Four weeks in a new place and today I'm feeling somewhat disconnected. Most of the time it's fine, and then every now and again I feel out of place; just slightly off-kilter compared with everyone around me; like a double exposure of myself, a bit blurry round the edges.

I know that eventually I'll find my place, but I don't ever want to feel too comfortable. That's when the danger of complacency steps in. At the moment I can easily relate to visitors to the church and see where things might be a bit unwelcoming, confusing, or even incomprehensible. I don't want to lose that insight, so I guess I'll put up with a little discomfort and disconnection once in a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.