Wednesday 18 June 2014

Summer of Colo(u)r - week 2


About a month ago I was delighted to find that I had won a random prize on One Little Word. This week the goodies arrived - stencils, papers, washi tape, shiny bits and pieces, and a designer camera strap!

I immediately used some of my haul to enter the second week of the Summer of Colo(u)r challenge, where the colours are teal and coral with a pop, splash, or smudge of white. This page also fits for the One Little Word challenge this month which is light.

When things feel dark, I take comfort in the fact that the smallest bit of light fights back the darkness.





19 comments:

  1. Yes even a small light will erase the darknes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful You used the colors wonderfully and the light will shine.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how the two shimmering pieces at the top makes it all so dimensional. I also love how you've used the teal in a dark and light variation. The light one really adds to the finished piece. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, positive and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I love the quote you used :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful and congrats on winning that great prize pkg too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win, lovely stash! Fantastic use of the colours, love the quote very much :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page. Glad you are enjoying your stash and thanks for joining us at one little word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh look at those goodies! I really like your page, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done - and what a wonderful prize package!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's almost as if they read your mind when they sent your prize. You made a beautiful and poignant piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful and poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful prize - really gorgeous stencil and colours. I might give the Summer of Colour a go. Light will always conquer darkness - so true. I always find that such a comfort to thing about :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great way to use your prize! I love the words too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What an amazing prize!
    Lovely picture,
    I love the stencils,

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quote so much! You used the SOC colors beautifully this week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.