Thursday 10 April 2014

Gelli deli


I've been having a lot of fun gelli-printing greaseproof paper (or deli paper for those of you stateside) and then tearing it up and applying it to pages with gel medium. I especially like to do that with the ghost prints and when the colours are dark. The black ghost prints add a really good grungy feel to the page which I'm liking a lot at the moment :) The gel medium makes the paper go translucent so all the other layers show through.

This piece was done using a piece of mouldable foam pressed into a texture plate. This makes a stamp that I then used to pick up paint from one area and add it to another. When the stamp becomes loaded with paint you can use it to stamp on a page and it gives a great mix of colours unlike anything you can get with an ink pad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.